From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gconfd-2 woes
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:32:14
Am 23.03.2012 00:32, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> sure, I rebuilt glibc now and gconf after that. > Still same symptoms :-(
I solved it halfways by: quickpkg gconf on my thinkpad mv it over and emerge it on the problematic machine re-emerge gvfs removing saved_state files (in /var/lib/gdm/.gconfd and ~/.gconfd) right now the gnome-session is UP If I re-emerge gconf here I get the same crashes and protection errors. So I will keep it this way for now. I wanted to get rid of any hidden problems with my "emerge -e gnome" yesterday. Didn't work out as expected. greets, Stefan