From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] slightly OT, laptop for gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:07:58
1 > Obviously we can easily get a USB to serial adapter
2
3 You can still get laptops with real serial ports (HP sell them). You
4 might want to investigate whether you can manipulate the USB serial
5 adapter to your requirements. I tried once with setserial and it didn't
6 work - I havent had time to look into it further (potentially driver
7 dependent??). Minicom works fine for configuring routers/unix boxes
8 however.
9
10 absydos adam # file /dev/ttyUSB0
11 /dev/ttyUSB0: character special (188/0)
12 absydos adam # setserial /dev/ttyUSB0
13 Cannot get serial info: Invalid argument
14 --
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list