From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proxy server related issue
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:53:41
1 First off I have very little knowledge on best practises regarding
2 where servers should be located and such. I set up a proxy server at
3 home which acts as a firewall/router and all other little things. In
4 doing so I found the following guides and how to's rather helpful:
5
6 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml
7 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/security/index.xml
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_a_home-server
9
10 For some reason I would put the mail server behind the proxy server
11 and have the firewall on the proxy server forward any packets on the
12 mail ports to the mail server. Though something along the lines of
13 this is discussed in the Security Guide.
16 Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
17
18 "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
19 - Mark Twain
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list