From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Notebook/laptop recommendations?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:00:55
1 On Sunday 22 July 2007, Crayon Shin Chan <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] Notebook/laptop recommendations?':
3 > I'm looking for a new notebook (to run Gentoo of course). I don't want
4 > the latest nor the best (too expensive), but it needs to have Core 2
5 > Duo. Are there any particular manufacturers/models where "it just works"
6 > in terms of driver support? 2 items that I would like for it to "just
7 > work" with the minimum of fuss are the wlan and the hibernation. So
8 > anything I should look out for or avoid, to make installing Gentoo as
9 > painless as possible?
10
11 I've had very good luck with my dellbuntu system. System 76 also goes out
12 of the way to make sure their hardware is linux friendly.
15 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
16 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
17 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
18 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/