From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Something's messed up my mimetypes
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:58:52
1 While I appreciate it's a damn sight more powerful than Windoze's
2 braindead file extension system, it feels to me like mimetypes are a
3 rogue chainsaw sometimes ...
4
5 How do I find out what mimetypes are associated with an application?
6 Going the other way is a simple "System Settings" options, except that
7 (a) I don't have a clue what half these mimetypes are, and (b) I don't
8 fancy going through ALL of them one by one looking for the program in
9 question. Oh - and I searched the web which kindly pointed me to the
10 config file .local/share/applications/defaults.list - except it doesn't
11 exist ...
12
13 All I want to do is find out what extensions Kate has tagged itself onto
14 - what it thinks it's going to do with a dot-iso I *do* not know!
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol