From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] guvcview update produces an executable with missing lib...
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 01:55:46
1 Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> [16-08-30 03:48]:
2 > On 08/29/2016 11:11 AM, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 06:29:50PM +0200, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> after updateing my system, beside others guvcview was updated:
7 > >>
8 > >> from qlop
9 > >> Mon Aug 29 17:44:08 2016 >>> media-video/guvcview-2.0.4
10 > >>
11 > >> After ldconfig as root and rehash (zsh) as user I got:
12 > >>
13 > >> /home/user>guvcview
14 > >> guvcview: error while loading shared libraries: libgviewv4l2core-1.0.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
15 > >> [1] 23848 exit 127 guvcview
16 > >>
17 > >>
18 > >> ...hmmmm.
19 > >>
20 > >> What did I wrong?
21 > >>
22 > >> Best regards,
23 > >> mcc
24 > >
25 > > The first suggestion in a case like this is to run revdep-rebuild. As
26 > > a matter of fact, it probably wouldn't hurt to run revdep-rebuild after
27 > > every update.
30 > Yes, I do. Portage occasionally misses a rebuild. It's a lot better now
31 > at catching them but it still misses them.
35 > Dan
38 Ok, we now know that depclean and redep rebuild are needed after each
39 update. It is someting, which I put together into one script which
40 I run after each update.
41
42 And we know that portage seems to be guilty. And that it should not be
43 guilty. And that it does better in this cases.
44
45 One thing remains:
46 How can I get that guvcview up and running?
47
48 Best regards,
49 Meino