From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: problems with slack and zoom: Was: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 19:28:49
1 On 2020.04.26 15:08, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 [snip....]
3 > I'll keep searching for some audio chat package that works. mumble
4 > seems promising, but it requires an available server. zoom (which
5 > most people @work use) doesn't emerge. slack does emerge and vomits a
6 > totally unresponsive window (well, not *totally* unresponsive: Ctrl+Q
7 > works :))
8 >
9 I run a mostly stable amd64 system with selected ~amd64 packages. I
10 use both slack and zoom reasonably often, and have not had any install
11 related problems. (I don't necessarily TRUST either of them, but my
12 use of them is for a project with nothing particularly confidential of
13 private.) I'd say if you care enough to bother - start a separate
14 thread about why those two fail emerge for you. I seem to have
15 recurring problems with audio and/or video, but I'm pretty sure that is
16 hardware and/or system related - not due directly to either slack or
17 zoom.
18
19 Jack