From: Carlos Hendson <skyclan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System freezes during compiles
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:49:46
1 On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 18:43 +0100, Daniel Wagener wrote:
2 > "Frozen" means there is no Hard Drive Activity going on right?
3 > And there is no other indication, that you are just running out of
4 > memory?
5
6 I can't categorically state if there was drive activity. I was so
7 fixated on regaining control of the machine that I failed to pay
8 attention to the state of the HDD LED. I'll make a point of checking it
9 the next time the machine appears to freeze.
10
11 I saw no other indications of memory exhaustion after the system came
12 back from the "soft-power reset" button being pressed.
13
14 Regards,
15 Carlos