From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Configuring UPS for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 05:51:12
1 /> I'm having a 2.2KV APC UPS, and i'm connecting my Gentoo email server on it,
2 > so what is the proper way to configure my server to auto shutdown, when the
3 > Main power off.
6 emerge apcupsd
7
8 It works beautifully. :-) Communication between server and UPS works with serial and USB. I
9 purchased the additional SNMP card with mine and it works also.
10
11 To have a stable system, you will need to:
12 1) alter your bios so that your server will automatically start up on power restore.
13 2) Adjust apcupsd.conf to match your server(s) power down requirements.
14 3) Follow the apcupsd power failure test procedure to insure your server issues a UPS power down
15 w/delay command during server halt to protect against intermittent power failures.
16
17 Regards,
18
19 Richard Broersma Jr.