From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I really clean up gentoo?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 23:57:40
1 Hi list,
2
3 First of all, sorry for the English. Second,
4
5 I've been running Gentoo on my desktop for ten years. Single installation,
6 unique. The system changed a lot and it seems to be using more and more
7 space at / partition.
8
9 I'm used to clean /usr/portage/distfiles, /usr/src, but today, I've found
10 many files of packages I no longer use at '/var/lib'. Plex folder, for
11 instance, was taking 2GB. Some folders at /var/lib I don't even know if is
12 still been used.
13
14 Is there anything else safe to delete? Is 30 GB insufficient space for a
15 Gentoo desktop? Some times I have problems to compile packages like
16 libreoffice, that requires lots of free space.
17
18 Thank u all in advance,
21 João Neto
22 Linux User #461527