From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't mask a package
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:31:16
1 Hello everybody,
2 i'm having troubles with the policykit package, and i've discovered
3 that the new version (0.92) has broken all APIs and this causes some
4 packages to not compile anymore (network manager in my case).
5 So i tried to mask it and keep the 0.9-r1 version instead, but with no result.
6 I've added it to /etc/portage/package.mask and tried this forms:
7 =sys-auth/policykit-0.92
8 >=sys-auth/policykit-0.92
9 and also
10 sys-auth/policykit-0.92
11 that should prenvet any version of it being merged, right?
12 none of those attempts worked for me, and emerge keeps trying to merge it...
13 i'm running a x86 system with no accept keywords set.
14 any ideas?
15
16 Thanks in advance.
17 Davide