From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:44:58
1 2018-07-27 14:13 GMT+03:00 gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>:
2 > 2018-07-27 13:57 GMT+03:00 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3 >> On Friday, 27 July 2018 11:44:08 BST gevisz wrote:
4 >>> 2018-07-27 12:44 GMT+03:00 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
5 >>
6 >>> > PAM is used to separate applications from the underlying
7 >>> > authentication mechanisms. It checks OS user/account/passwd/session
8 >>> > authentications when required by applications. This is the backbone
9 >>> > of managing Linux authentications today, although some applications
10 >>> > retain their own application level authentication mechanism (e.g. SSH).
11 >>>
12 >>> So, do you think that global -pam use flag can cause Firefox
13 >>> and QupZilla to crash on loging web-pages?
14 >>
15 >> You can run them with strace to see if they are trying to access any pam
16 >> modules, but I would think it unlikely.
17 >
18 > Thank you for the tip. I will try to use strace after reading about it.
19 >
20 > However, currently I already deleted grobal -pam use flag and
21 > started to update world with the new settings. Some new packages
22 > are currently installing and some other are recompiling.
23
24 Updating world without global -pam, -polkit and -consolekit use flags
25 in /etc/portage/make.conf have not changed the behaviour of Fireforx
26 described above: it is still cannot display the page https://www.privat24.ua/
27 and shows "Gah. Your tab just crashed." message.
28
29 So, I will probably revert changes tomorrow.
30
31 Playing with strace has been put on todo list.
32
33 Any more adeas?