From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev (probably)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:03:07
1 dmesg
2
3 Ben
7 ----- Original Message ----
8 From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
9 To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
10 Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 4:05:17 PM
11 Subject: [gentoo-user] udev (probably)
12
13 I've been working all day rearranging furniture in my apartment. I got
14 the my computer to its new spot and hooked everything up and booted and
15 I saw a message that said something about some kernel option that was
16 turned on that shouldn't be, and that udev might not work. When I got
17 logged in, I found that Mythtv was all screwed up and that it said I
18 didn't have any programs set to record. LiveTV didn't work at all. My
19 tv card (dev/video0); ls says it's there, but cat says it's not. When I
20 used /etc/init.d/udev I got a message saying that the udev initscript
21 only works with baselayout 2 and that I shouldn't use it with baselayout
22 1. I didn't even know I was using baselayout 1! Anyway, is there a
23 way, after I've booted the computer, to access those messages shown at
24 startup?