From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Anyone have any trouble with rc_parallel="YES" ?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:14:44
1 -original message-
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone have any trouble with rc_parallel="YES" ?
3 From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
4 Date: 2011-07-19 12:55
5
6 >On Tuesday 19 Jul 2011 04:39:49 Pandu Poluan wrote:
7 >> Spelunking in /etc/rc.conf, I found the rc_parallel setting,
8 >> accompanied with a quite significant WARNING.
9 >>
10 >> Have anyone experienced any trouble setting rc_parallel to "YES"?
13 >Not so far (used on 3 boxen).
14 >
15 >However, if say mysql or something else fails to start you will miss the error
16 >message, because it will switch you over to X (depending on the sequence of
17 >start up processes).
18
19 Thanks for information.
20
21 X is no problem for my situation (it's a virtualized server), so I can always see the start up messages.
22
23 Rgds,
24 --
25 FdS Pandu E Poluan