From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any guess to why amarok visualizations fail to function?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:51:17
1 On 7/9/06, Kenton Groombridge <kgroombr@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I posted this a couple weeks ago with no answer. I am still unable to
3 > determine what is going on.
4 >
5 > Anytime I select a visualization from Tools->Visualizations menu, I get
6 > the following output and the visualization output window closes.
7
8 Well it looks like I get the same problems running the same versions
9 of amarok, libvisual, and libvisual-plugins.
10
11 Unfortunately the trace output that I get seems more closely related
12 to trying to cleanup after the amarok_libvisual crash than pointing to
13 the actual cause of the crash.
14
15 I've built debug versions of these to do some more testing with and
16 hopefully submit a useful bug report...
17
18 Have you tried backing off to a previous version of amarok, like
19 1.4.0a? It looks like the libvisual-0.4 updates in 1.4.1 are pretty
20 significant (previous amarok versions used libvisual-0.2).
21
22 -Richard
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list