From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:09:36
1 On 12/17/2010 12:31 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I bought this router the other day. I notice something that is a little weird. When I first wake up and try to check my email, the internet is dead. The light on my DSL modem is red and Seamonkey can't check my email or load a webpage. If I unplug the
5 > router then plug it back up, it works fine. It seems that after a while the router cuts off the internet for some reason.
6 >
7 > I need the internet to stay alive even when I am asleep. I run folding and it sends data without asking me and some other stuff is running as well. I have looked in the settings of the router but I don't see anything that will change this. Am I missing
8 > something? Is this normal? I used a router once before and I don't remember this being a issue.
9 >
10 > I also updated the firmware and it still does it. Feature? Wrong setting? Router broke?
11
12 I've had experience with only two DSL routers, but they both have a settable
13 timer which shuts down the connection after N minutes of inactivity. I'm
14 guessing that yours has a similar adjustment, but dunno for sure.