From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: keyboard copy paste
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:44:08
1 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 >> <Tab> will navigate to next and <shift><tab> to previous link and I see
6 >> they are selected... but I find no keyboard action that does whatever a
7 >> mouse click does to hyperlinks...[/quote]
8 >
9 > That entirely depends on the browser you use. But usually it's enter
10 > once you have the link selected. At least, that works on firefox
11 > and seamonkey. I seem to remember the same holds true for konqueror,
12 > not sure.
15 >> I thought either <spc> or <enter> but neither of those activate the
16 >> links. Also tried quite a few other keyboard combos, but never did find one
17 >> that activates a hyperlink like a mouse click does.
18 >
19 > If that doesn't work, then let us know which browser do you use.
20
21 Yes sorry. I use firefox-3.5.1 and I also thought <enter> should
22 activate a hperlink.
23
24 I use Xfce4 desktop and and the default/linux/x86/2008.0 profile
25
26 I did look at the keyboard shortcuts listed in firefox help file but
27 none of them appears to be for activating a hyperlink.
28
29 If your enter key activates hyperlinks, please try some of the links
30 here:
31 http://www.lynda.com/home/ViewCourses.aspx?lpk0=391
32
33 And let me know if it works there for you.