From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange dependency of kopete-3.5.9 on qt-4*
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:10:25
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > After reading a post here today I decided to investigate why I have several
3 > qt-4.4.2 packages on this workstation, when I don't have kde-4. It turns
4 > out that the SSL USE flag causes kopete-3.5.9 to pull in 14 qt-4.4.2
5 > packages. This strikes me as somewhat odd.
6 >
7 > For the moment I've specified kopete -ssl in portage.use and removed all the
8 > qt-4 packages.
9 >
10 > Does anyone here know why we have this dependency of a kde-3 package on
11 > qt-4?
12
13 As others mentioned, there isn't such a dependency in kopete (or any
14 other package that is an official part of KDE3). Can you emerge
15 gentoolkit and then do:
16
17 equery depends qt-gui:4
18
19 This will show which packages on your system are pulling-in qt-gui-4.x
20 (replace "qt-gui:4" with any other qt package that got pulled in.)
21
22 There have been some ebuilds in the past that incorrectly used an
23 unslotted or unversioned dependency on Qt. If you run across one, this
24 should be reported as a bug since Qt3 and Qt4 are totally incompatible.