List Archive: gentoo-user
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
emerge complains that icu (details below) will overwrite files that MAY
belong to other packages. But in fact none do. The suggestion is to
ignore the collisions. Does that mean I should simply rm the files
before retrying the emerge?
* Messages for package dev-libs/icu-4.6.1:
* Package: dev-libs/icu-4.6.1
* Repository: gentoo
* Maintainer: email@example.com
* USE: amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux multilib userland_GNU
* FEATURES: sandbox
* Applying icu-4.6.1-parallel_installation.patch ...
* This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
* packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
* owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
* file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
* NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies at
* least two or more packages that are known to install the same file(s).
* If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came from
* then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
* information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
* a bug report at http://bugs.gentoo.org unless you report exactly which
* two packages install the same file(s). Once again, please do NOT file
* a bug report unless you have completely understood the above message.
* package dev-libs/icu-4.6.1 NOT merged
* Detected file collision(s):
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
* None of the installed packages claim the file(s).
* Package 'dev-libs/icu-4.6.1' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
* necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
* above message.