From: Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel@g.o>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] Upstream requirements for web-apps
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:40:54
1 Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o> writes:
2
3 > We need to be able, yes. Realistically speaking, if I disappear, that would
4 > require someone else spending more time on bug-fixing. Nowadays it's not too bad
5 > - we're talking maybe 1-5 version bumps and a couple of bugs a week. Is there
6 > anyone willing to take on that responsibility?
7
8 I'll certainly take a share of that. I won't have the same speed as
9 you, but it should be possible to do about 50% of that.
10
11 > I'm still unconvinced that security requirements meet a real need. We don't
12 > currently have any outstanding security issues (perhaps with the exception of
13 > phpBB and mantisbt, both of which have active upstreams yet can't get their act
14 > together wrt security, and both are p-masked).
15
16 Ok, agreed. But to have the information you collected on the dev wiki
17 is certainly a good thing that we should continue with apps we add to
18 the tree.
19
20 > All great ideas. layman would be great - any idea when you'll release? Have you
21 > checked with other devs if they're aware of or are developing something similar?
22
23 The version available from my overlay does work. But I still need to
24 write a man page, collect a list of overlays and do some minor
25 fixes. List of stuff I still want to do is here:
26 http://projects.gunnarwrobel.de/scripts/report/3. Maybe in 2 weeks?
27
28 Regards,
29