From: Paul Querna <chip@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] Spam?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:46:56
1 Jeremy Brake wrote:
2 > No offence to any of you, but could we please stop discussing the spam
3 > now? I'm sure the admins are aware of and can deal with it
4 > Regardless, you should all be savvy enough to set up your own filtering
5 > software if you see the need.
8 Err -- Maybe we should only allow members of the list to post to the list?
11 > Keep in mind that hundreds of other people are on this list aside from
12 > yourself, and every one of them has been sent all the same messages as you.
13 >
14 > It may also pay to remember that if someone can post spam, then they can
15 > certainly monitor the lists and add your email addresses to their
16 > databases when you post.. (especially now that you've put up your hand
17 > as taking notice of their emails!)
18 >
19 > This may well be a case of "he who screams loudest gets first served (a
20 > steaming hot plate of spam and phish)"
21 >
22 > Jeremy
26 gentoo-web-user@g.o mailing list