From: matt wilbert <matt.wilbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] using portage to build mod_fastcgi with apache2
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:02:49
1 That was it. I probably should have been able to figure that out, but I
2 didn't.
3
4 Thanks a lot,
5
6 Matt Wilbert
7
8 On 10/30/05, kloeri@g.o <kloeri@g.o> wrote:
9 >
10 > On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:11:00PM -0500, matt wilbert wrote:
11 > > Hi,
12 > >
13 > > I have apache2 built via portage and running on an Opteron-based Gentoo
14 > > 2.6.11 system.
15 > >
16 > > I want to use mod_fastcgi to run an application behind Apache2. However,
17 > > when I emerge --pretend mod_fastcgi, portage says it wants to build
18 > Apache
19 > > 1.3 as part of the process. I find it hard to believe this is what I
20 > want.
21 > > Am I wrong? If not, how can I make portage do what I want?
22 > >
23 > > Thank you,
24 > >
25 > > Matt Wilbert
26 > Make sure you have USE=apache2 enabled.
27 >
28 > Regards,
29 > Bryan Østergaard
30 > --