From: Christophe Garault <christophe@×××××××.org>
To: Liste Gentoo Web <gentoo-web-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-web-user] Content-Encoding or Deflate?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:39:33
1 Hello,
2
3 I've just finished upgrading my Apache configuration files from
4 2.0.49-r1 to the new layout of 2.0.55-r1. Everything works fine except
5 that previously, all .gz files where sent to the browser as text (or was
6 it the browser that unzipped them?). I 'm not sure of the directive
7 which is responsible for this behaviour, but I've set AddEncoding x-gzip
8 .gz .tgz as described in the comments of httpd.conf . Unforunately the
9 browser doesn't automagically unzip them. Is this related to the deflate
10 module?
11 Any help appreciated.
12
13 Thanks in advance.