From: Jeremy Brake <gentoolists@×××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] Spam?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:12:28
No offence to any of you, but could we please stop discussing the spam
now? I'm sure the admins are aware of and can deal with it
Regardless, you should all be savvy enough to set up your own filtering
software if you see the need.

Keep in mind that hundreds of other people are on this list aside from
yourself, and every one of them has been sent all the same messages as you.

It may also pay to remember that if someone can post spam, then they can
certainly monitor the lists and add your email addresses to their
databases when you post.. (especially now that you've put up your hand
as taking notice of their emails!)

This may well be a case of "he who screams loudest gets first served (a
steaming hot plate of spam and phish)"

Jeremy