From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:53:47
Hi,

first of all, you might want to now that this list gets five mails per
year in average, so you might want to try your luck with gentoo-server.

Do you have MX records for your domain? This is needed so mails for foo@××××××××.in will be delivered to your IP. Then you need a Mail Transfer Agent like Exim or postfix, and if you want more than a simple mailist with a few subscribers, a dedicated mailing list software. We are using exim + MailMan for ca. 100 lists since 2005 and we are very happy with it - mail list admins can administer their MLs without handholding from Sys-Admins via a web interface, you get automatic archives, sensible behavior and reliability. But if all you want is a simple mail distribution for a few people a simple mail alias may be enough. Search the Gentoo wiki for guides on how to set up a mail server. Regards, Thomas -- gentoo-web-user@g.o mailing list