From: Dustin Reeves <scribebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-xbox] Newbie user, first boot hang...
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 00:54:58
ok buddy, sounds like you have a modchip installed (probably a duoX 512.. by
the sound of it.. holding the power button, etc.)

as far as identifying your chip TAKE THAT SUCKER APART :), take a picture,
post it , we will figure it out, to figure out your bios, well, youve
already told me quite a bit, sounds like your running an evox m8 bios,
which. is pretty crappy for linux, what you would probably want to do, is
either a) run a loopback filesystem on a fatx partition of your harddrive,
or b) flash your modchip with the cromwell bios :s (kind of the more
extreme, as it wont allow you to play xbox games anymore)

anyway..

and no, you dont have to change the harddrive, and i dont understand
question 3.

-dustin reeves

-- -Dustin Reeves scribebox@×××××.com msn: scribebox@×××××.com