From: Jens Mueller <jmueller@××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-xbox] Xorg
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:42:39
Hello,

I installed gentoo on my XBox following the instructions on
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Gentoo_for_Xbox.
After installing xorg-x11, I tried

$ X -configure

, which failed with
"Duplicate symbol NVDACInit in /usr/lib/modules/drivers/nvxbox_drv.o
Also defined in /usr/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o"

That's why I

$ mv /usr/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o /usr/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o2

and executed again:

$ X -configure

with output
"(EE) Failed to load module "nv" (module does not exist, 0)
(++) Using config file: "/root/xorg.conf.new"
(EE) NVXBOX(0): No V_BIOS found

Xorg detected your mouse at device /dev/mouse.
Please check your config if the mouse is still not
operational, as by default Xorg tries to autodetect
the protocol.

Your xorg.conf file is /root/xorg.conf.new

To test the server, run 'X -config /root/xorg.conf.new'"

I tried starting the x server with

$ X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

, which failed with
"(EE) NVXBOX(0): No V_BIOS found

   *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the server aborting.

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting"

I don't find any unresolved symbols in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
I'm running Xorg 6.8.2 and kernel 2.6.14.3-xbox.  Has anybody a working
xorg.conf for the xbox?

Greetings,
Jens