From: Brian O'Connor <gatzby3jr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-xbox] X Modelines
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:59:07
Hello,

I'm not sure how many people still belogn to this list or if anyone can help
me, but I'm gonna try anyway.  I've recently installed Gentoo on to my xbox
(a very frustrating process, but I've gotten mostly there).There is one last
obstacle standing in my way: X is not working properly.  Instead of going
into the 640x480 resolution that I desire for my tv, it will only give me
1152x768, which obviously is unusable on my tv.

This is the same problem encountered here: http://legacy.not404.com/node/41

In order to get the x to even work, I had to use the patch on the bottom fo
that page.

I fixed this once, for one night by following the Gentoox installer script
(not verbatim, but the concepts) for xorg.  (I'd link it but Im at work and
they blocked that site, but can be found by going to
http://shallax.com:2000/b0x I believe).

To preface a few things: I want to use gentoo.  I don't want to use gentoox
or xfedora or xebian.  This is a hobby of mine and would like to see it to
the end.  I know it can work, and I intend to get it there.

After I got it working the first time, I installed some unrelated thigns
(off the top of my head): bazaar, linux-headers, alsa, lirc, mednafen, maybe
one or two more but all unrelated I believe.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you need more info just ask
and I'll provide it.

Thanks!
Brian

--