From: codesite-noreply@××××××.com
To: gnap-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gnap-dev] [gnap-dev commit] r130 - wiki
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:32:31
1 Author: vomacko
2 Date: Mon Jul 7 07:31:53 2008
3 New Revision: 130
4
5 Added:
6 wiki/gnap_glsa_proposal.wiki
7
8 Log:
9 Created initial glsa integration description page
10
11 Added: wiki/gnap_glsa_proposal.wiki
12 ==============================================================================
13 --- (empty file)
14 +++ wiki/gnap_glsa_proposal.wiki Mon Jul 7 07:31:53 2008
15 @@ -0,0 +1,9 @@
16 +#summary One-sentence summary of this page.
17 +
18 += Introduction =
19 +Here, I would like to describe initial thoughts about integration of
20 GLSA checks into GNAP and further steps in this area
21 +
22 +
23 += Details =
24 +
25 +I would like to integrate glsa_check ( both update ability and
26 notification ability) for existing gnap_make tool. We should be able to
27 update/regenerate existing core builds and if possible use also
28 extensions for that. We can make separate script with only "gnap_glsa"
29 functionality, with shared codebase with gnap_make or we can integrate
30 it in gnap_make directly. Since there will be large change in
31 portage-2.2 GLSA abilities,we need to be more flexible. That's why I
32 introduced thought of gnap_run, which will do what gnap_make do
33 (including same params etc.) but can do whatever you want to do in
34 chrooted environment of your embedded build. It could help us with
35 debugging catalyst builds. Now we have to make all the "chroot work"
36 done manually. It would look like gnap_run -t all "glsa-check -l" . I
37 will also have to provide path to recent portage tree (we need recent
38 glsa files)
39 \ No newline at end of file
40 --
41 gnap-dev@l.g.o mailing list