From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gnap-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gnap-dev] World domination!
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:34:11
Hi everybody,

Finally I'm home from vacation:-)

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 09:43, josé Alberto Suárez López wrote:
> What about 2 trees? core and extras. > > - Core will be maintained by a reduced group of dev and must be quite > stable. between releases only will have security updates/bug fixing. > This tree must be the minimal necessary to build gnap + some basic > tools/servers/packages > > - Extras will more open and will have more ebuilds, so ever must depend > on ebuild on core.
This is more or less how I already maintain my private GNAP sources. I have a GNAP base with a minimal Portage snapshot and overlays+specs for various other alternatives (Asterisk/Load balancer/MythTV). Unfortunately this leaves a lot of duplicates in the spec files. An inheritance/tree based approach like profiles would probably cut down on a lot of duplicates. I could perhaps just use different profiles and leave the GNAP files more or less empty, but a 100% GNAP approach might be better. I also have Thierry's scripts to make minimal snapshots (with a few fixes of my own). Besides overlays we also need some place to hold stage/portage tarballs. -- Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)