From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: The MoonSeeker <themoonseeker@×××××.com>
Cc: gnap-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gnap-dev] Re: [gentoo-embedded] Customize a livecd [resend]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:14:24
1 Sorry wrong list email address in the first message, the list is still quite
2 new:(
3
4 Hi Francis,
5
6 On Wednesday 23 May 2007 17:09, you wrote:
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > To customize a gnap_core, can we use emerge? (if it possible, could
10 > you explain how, because I don't see any explations in your guide) Or
11 > the only solution is to create our own extensions?
12 >
13 > Thank you ;)
14 > Francis
15 The short answer is no. GNAP relies on Catalyst so you have to work with the
16 system and also the GNAP core doesn't contain a compiler.
17
18 If you just want to add a few things to the basic image you can use
19 extensions¹.
20
21 If you want to custimize the core itself as it appears try the Advanced User
22 Guide².
23
24 Also the Catalyt Reference Manual³ might be of some help.
25
26 Note that when asking questions on IRC we might take some hours to respond, so
27 just hang in the channel (or poke me directly if you want).
28
29 If you still have questions just ask in the channel or the use the gentoo-gnap
30 mailing list (CC'ed on this message).
31
32 HTH
33
34 ¹ http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap-userguide.xml#doc_chap5