From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: [www-redesign] Site Map
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:27:19
I started on the Site Map today. I am the coach of my oldest kid's
basketball team and we had practice today so I couldn't put as much
time into it as I had hoped. I have the Documentation section to a
workable point. I'm not going any further with this until I get some
feedback.

The Site Map is an index to the entire gentoo site. Part of this
redesign is to "redesign" the way the site is layed out. Not just
visually but how the pages are grouped togeter as well.

I propose that each major category of the Site Map be a link to that
categories index. This index will be a short description of what you
can find in this category and a category index. In essence, each
category index is just the Site Map with actual content pages linked
from it. The category index will have no real information other than to
index it's contents.

Once I get some feedback on the layout of this map I will start
creating the rest of it and the individual category index's.

curtis119.no-ip.org

The Site Map is linked to in the upper right hand corner of each page.
It replaces the link to www.gentoo.org. The upper right gentoo logo
already takes you there anyway.