From: Daniel Wahlgren <daniel@××××××××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:11:39
1 Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > I made all the content lists numbered/lettered and added "Content:" to
3 > them. Look at the Handbook (the main handbook index AND the content)
4 > and a guide and see what you think. Is this good?
5 It's better in my opinion, but there is still a lot of whitespace below
6 it. (Is the green menu supposed to have "MAIN" so far away from the rest
7 of the menuitems?)
8 http://www.tadasweden.com/images/Gentoo-redesign01.png
11 > -------------------------------------
12 >
13 > I made a major change to the content area. I did this to address the
14 > problem of "Dead Space" under the ad bar that several people have
15 > complained about and to help make the site degrade properly when fonts
16 > are increased or the window is small.
17 >
18 > Doing this caused a problem with block items overlapping the ads. This
19 > is because in order to get text to wrap under it (ad bar) I had to
20 > float it instead of absolutely positioning it. Items like: warning,
21 > important, note and codetables had to change the way the title is done
22 > from a div to a span to keep the background color from stretching
23 > across the page and overlapping the ads. The bottom part of them is
24 > now a <p> instead of a div for the same reason. The header will now
25 > only have a colored background directly under the text instead of a
26 > banner that goes across the page. Other than that it still looks the
27 > same.
28 The bottom doesn't look quite right either.
29 http://www.tadasweden.com/images/Gentoo-redesign02.png
30 Too much whitespace.
31
32 Great work though! Cheers for all the effort!
33 /Aridhol
34 --
35 www-redesign@g.o mailing list