From: Esben Mose Hansen <gentoo-bugs@××××××××××.dk>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Advertisement bar
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:45:58
1 On Sunday 2005-11-27 06:40, Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > Lance Albertson wrote:
3 > > I was poking around the site and I just seemed to think that the
4 > > advertisement bar takes up a lot of space. Even though it only uses the
5 > > top portion of the site, the rest of the page doesn't render completely
6 > > across the browser because of it. Not sure how feasible this is, but
7 > > could we possibly have an option of making that pane 'hidable' via
8 > > clicking the '> Advertisements' link so it can make the whole page
9 > > viewable? Not sure if this is possible, but I know of one example in a
10 > > wiki called dokuwiki where they have a Contents table that will hide if
11 > > you click on it. Curious your ideas/thoughts.
12 > >
13 > > Cheers-
14 > >
15 > > (btw, thanks for fixing that earlier thing)
16 >
17 > That is technically possible to make the ad div disappear with a button
18 > click. It would require javascript though and I really really really
19 > don't want to put any javascript in the site.
20
21 If you can live without IE support, use an alternative stylesheet. That way,
22 the add can be removed by selecting a stylesheet from a browser menu, no
23 javascript required.
24
25 Of course, the IE people are screwed, but I can't imagine that IE is a common
26 browser there, nor is the functionality loss unacceptable.
29 regards. Esben
30 --
31 www-redesign@g.o mailing list