From: Stefan Huszics <sauron@×××××××.se>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Comments on Gentoo redesign
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:34:29
1 Xavier Neys wrote:
2
3 > Please do not assume some text will always be as short as you think.
4 > For instance, displaying a date in a narrow column is a bad idea. Some
5 > will be
6 > wider than you think (different languages, different formats,
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/tests/testdate.xml).
8
9 Just out of interest, why not stick to using the internationally
10 accepted YYYY-MM-DD format everywhere?
11 Of course page layout should preferably not break whatever format is
12 used, I just don't understand why people continue to use different
13 (often ambiguous) formats when a perfectly good standard exists. Am I
14 missing something obvious?
15
16 > BTW, I agree that using tables for the layout should be avoided but using
17 > tables to show tabular data is exactly what they were meant for in the
18 > first
19 > place. We have plenty of them and they stay.
20
21 Naturally. Not using <table> for a table is just as wrong as the opposite.
22
23 / Stefan :)
24 --
25 www-redesign@g.o mailing list