From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:10:07
Curtis Napier wrote:
> [...]
The "xml" image is still underlined. The printable page looks much better.
>> I prefer a list of links to older news just like on the current site, >> but obviously not crammed in the left margin anymore. >> I you choose the "more news" approach, fair enough, but why use an >> extra /main/en/morenews.xml file with an extra ID that has to be >> defined in the DTD even though those IDs are not use anymore and extra >> logic in the xsl? >> All you need is a "?newsitemcount=20" link. > > I went with the newsitemcount solution. Why didn't I think of that? Oh > well, it's fixed now.
Not sure asking for 1000 news items is reasonable and the same link to ?newsitemcount=1000 appears on that page too.
Top title is still missing. The big fat "4. Preparing the Disks" has disappeared. It was there: http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/wwwredesign/5.png It hasn't been fixed on printable pages. Speaking of printable pages, none of them have any title. Weird thing: clicking on a screenshot on http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/main/en/shots.xml adds a vertical scroll bar to it.
> I made a major change to the content area. I did this to address the > problem of "Dead Space" under the ad bar that several people have > complained about and to help make the site degrade properly when fonts > are increased or the window is small.
Looking at it, I think it would look better if the ad column ran to the end of the page. Sorry for suggesting to either colour it or use it. The former is better IMHO. Cheers, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en /\ -- www-redesign@g.o mailing list