From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: [www-redesign] xsl update
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 03:25:27
1 curtis119.no-ip.org/index.xml
4 I have a bit of progress to report. I have the handbook, first few
5 pages
6 of the dev handbook, most of the FAQ's and project pages, developer
7 listing, irc list, mailing lists and other misc pages in the xsl (I
8 don't have direct access to the web servers so every xml page I have
9 has
10 to be done with ?passthru=1 and it's a pain in the ass). It's coming
11 along nicely.
12
13 A lot of the links work now so if everyone would please take a look,
14 click around and give me some feedback it would be appreciated. I
15 removed the top "You are here" thing and the search from the docs pages
16 and put the authors in the right column and the print button works.
17
18 I still don't know if we are going to include a search function?
19
20 At this point everything on Swifts road map has a new layout. Now it
21 should be just a matter of tweaking the design and then cleaning it all
22 up. I know swift and some others have said "Doing any xsl is pointless
23 at this point" but I did it anyway. It's easier to generate all the
24 pages dynamically using xsl then it is to design a static html page by
25 hand for every page. Plus it makes it easy to see how some things
26 do/don't fit into the generic template and tweak the design around it.
27 I
28 sincerely hope no one gets mad at me for doing this (I caught a lot of
29 flack on irc for this a few days ago). Not to mention the fact that
30 this
31 project started in September of last year and it is now almost June and
32 this is all we have to show. I want to kick start things and get this
33 ball rolling, Go Gentoo! :)
37 www-redesign@g.o mailing list