From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Fontsize, linewidth & what's new underlying layout
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:41:18
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:42:56PM +0100, Stefan Huszics wrote:
> Next reflection, closely related to the above, is that not only is the > no max-width, in fact the only forced width seems to be one that makes > sure the page is a PIA to read on anything that has less then a 800px > wide screen.
Just a small note regarding text width: the Code Listings used throughout various documents should have no-wrap activated. It's sensitive material (such as commands) and needs to be interpreted by the user correctly (as the author wants). Having word-wraps inside Code Listings might have disastrous results. However, we can 'easily' adjust Code Listings to use hard-wrapping, such as # useradd -G wheel,users,audio,cdrw \ -m -k username However, this won't show up nicely for users who have high resolutions, as Code Listings would be extremely small for them. So I'm personally not sure what to do here. Until now, we've set forth that the installation instructions force a 80-char width for Code Listings; all other documents are free to do as they like. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation & PR project leader The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>