From: Stefan Huszics <sauron@×××××××.se>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] about updated and news page.
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 08:50:58
1 Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
2
3 > The font size issue should be corrected now.
4 >
5 Greate. :)
6 Playing around with fontsizes however reveals that much of the current
7 design is _very_ sensitive to fontsize changes (eg 800px screen and
8 fontsize of about 15px or higher severly breaks layout).
9 When I make pages I always try to make the layout capable of reflowing
10 correctly in at least the range 50%-200% from 16px fontsize (which is
11 the default in most browsers). I'll have a go at "liqifying" the pages
12 to make them more resilient against fontchanges if noone beats me to it
13 (unfortunately I'm right in the middle of an examperiod currently but
14 should have time for this in about 2 weeks).
15
16 > I also made a news page, 20041021-portage51. I'm concerned with the
17 > "code listings". I don't think they look right but the old way of doing
18 > it doesn't fit into the new design either.
19 >
20 I think you are right and I also think that switching to a DL instead of
21 TABLE structure as I suggested in my first mail to the list would give a
22 lot more flexibility in this area to make something that both works and
23 looks good.
24
25 > I installed a web server on a box in my house so no more silly pop-up
26 > ads from yahoo.
27 >
28 I think it would be benificial if you, or someone else, made it
29 available for anybody to upload pages to such a server. Would make it
30 less difficoult for people to contribute and give links to pages without
31 getting an addinfested free host.
32
33 /SH

sauron.vcf text/x-vcard