From: Daniel Wahlgren <daniel@××××××××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:59:32
1 Looks fine in Firefox 1.5 RC2 on Windows XP.
2 Looks fine in IE 6.0 on Windows XP.
3
4 One thing that feels odd is the Big Flashy Button Things ("Portage
5 <http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=1>:
6 an easy to use world-class package management solution.", " Over 8,000
7 packages <http://packages.gentoo.org> + in-depth documentation
8 <http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/doc/en/list.xml> = unlimited potential."
9 etc) does not apear on every page. I understand they take space, but it
10 looks odd.
11
12 Very good, and keep up the good work!
13 /Daniel Wahlgren
14 Aridhol
15
16 Curtis Napier wrote:
17 > This has been cross posted to gentoo-dev and www-redesign.
18 >
19 > http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
20 >
21 > After receiving a ton of very useful feedback from the developer
22 > community I have updated the redesign. It should now be closer to 100%
23 > accessible and it should (hopefully) render perfectly in all browsers
24 > including text only browsers. It now passes XHTML and CSS validation
25 > tests.
26 >
27 > I'm asking for everyone (developers and users alike) to please have a
28 > look at the updated site and send any feedback you may have. I'm
29 > especially interested in feedback from anyone who uses accessibilty
30 > programs such as screen readers or if you are color blind or have any
31 > other accessibilty issues.
32 >
33 > Also, I only use GNU/Linux and I have only tested on the following
34 > browsers:
35 >
36 > Mozilla-1.7
37 > firefox-1.0
38 > Opera-8.5
39 > Internet Explorer-6 under CrossOver Office
40 > Epiphany-1.8.2
41 > Links-2.1 in text mode and graphics mode.
42 >
43 > If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or
44 > Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser
45 > version in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from Konqueror
46 > or Safari so feedback from those browsers would be much appreciated.
47 >
48 > The only major outstanding issue is the contents of the menu in the
49 > grey bar at the top and what should appear in the 5 purple boxes
50 > directly under them. Currently I have that menu listed in order of
51 > what a new Gentoo user would need to access first. If you have a
52 > better idea of what should be included in this menu or think something
53 > important is being left out please send that in your feedback as well.
54 >
55 > Thanks in advance
56 >
57 > Curtis