From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:15:52
> 3. > The new donate button looks sexier than the plain button.
It should give some kind of feedback. When I clicked on it, I had no way of knowing that I actually clicked on it. Perhaps adding an extra style rule for this would be a good idea (Yeah, IE doesn't support that, it's broken).
> 9. > For headings with light purple bg, I'd make give them a small padding > on all sides, i.e. so the characters are not right up against the > edges. The original intent for the bg was *not* to make it for all > headings, but rather *for news headings only* to highlight them on the > front page where obviously the content is not the main attraction (but > none the less news headings are important info and deserved to be put > on par with the rest of the front page). The news headings should be > clickable, since what's displayed on the front is only an abstract and > it'll lead to the full article. >
This is funny as the current system actually supports it, but current news messages rarely carry an abstract. I agree with you that we should do this in the future, and think that the new system should also support it. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net