From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] I have not forgotten...
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:47:53
Sven Vermeulen wrote: [Sun Feb 20 2005, 06:19:29AM CST]
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:33:36PM +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote: > > Sorry for my absence, but I haven't forgotten this project. I'm documenting > > what needs to be done together with a full roadmap, some information on the > > project, download links, etc. I hope to have this finished soonish. > > The site is online at http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/www-redesign/index.xml. I > will now focus on getting something 'live' so that development can be seen > immediately (infrastructure-wise). > > I hope to accomplish: > - project snapshot ([gentoo-projects]/www-redesign) in tgz format > - online website (with [gentoo-projects]/www-redesign/www being live)
Just as an aside, when it comes to Browser Compatibility, I have to admit that I don't mind if the website is ugly on NS 4.7x, as long as it's barely functional. In fact, I'd settle for broken if it turns out that it's going to require too much cruft for the site to be compatible on old netscape browsers. Of course, I'm not likely to be doing the work, so if somebody really does want to put in the extra work, I'm not going to complain too much. -Grant- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76