From: Aaron Shi <aaron@××××××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:40:53
1 There are a lot of things I'd like to do, such as what both of you
2 mentioned, but right now the timing isn't very good -- things are coming
3 down to the wire for me. I'll definitely get to work on the issues (which
4 I've now accumulated in my mailbox) over the holidays and into January.
5
6 For the graphic headings, in my reference I forgot to implement the image
7 replacement techique (i.e. what I did for the Gentoo logo), such that for
8 text browsers and for printing purposes, we can have text there instead of
9 graphics. I had not created a print template for the front page as I doubt
10 many people will print the front page, but completenesssakes I should've
11 done it. Actually, just looking at the current code, it seemed that the
12 image replacement was removed in the current version. If you want to see
13 what I meant, go to http://www.aaronshi.com/gentoo/guidepage.html and hit
14 print preview. You should see the GENTOO LINUX text at the top of the page.
15 The text is there, just hidden when using a modern graphical browser, but
16 displayed for text browsers/for printing purposes.
17
18 As for the alignment, I really haven't kept up with the changes in CSS
19 (didn't realize that the project was still alive, but being discussed on a
20 different list, until a few days ago). Much has been changed from my
21 reference CSS, I'd need to look it over. That'll be another thing on the
22 list for January.
23
24 For now, the best I can do is respond to the list and apologize if the
27 Aaron
30 > -----Original Message-----
31 > From: mushroomblue [mailto:mushroomblue@××××××××××.net]
32 > Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:22 AM
33 > To: www-redesign@l.g.o
34 > Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
35 >
36 > and maybe align the entire cell with the advertisements bar again?
37 >