From: Aaron Shi <aaron@××××××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:40:53
There are a lot of things I'd like to do, such as what both of you
mentioned, but right now the timing isn't very good -- things are coming
down to the wire for me.  I'll definitely get to work on the issues (which
I've now accumulated in my mailbox) over the holidays and into January.

For the graphic headings, in my reference I forgot to implement the image
replacement techique (i.e. what I did for the Gentoo logo), such that for
text browsers and for printing purposes, we can have text there instead of
graphics.  I had not created a print template for the front page as I doubt
many people will print the front page, but completenesssakes I should've
done it.  Actually, just looking at the current code, it seemed that the
image replacement was removed in the current version.  If you want to see
what I meant, go to http://www.aaronshi.com/gentoo/guidepage.html and hit
print preview.  You should see the GENTOO LINUX text at the top of the page.
The text is there, just hidden when using a modern graphical browser, but
displayed for text browsers/for printing purposes.

As for the alignment, I really haven't kept up with the changes in CSS
(didn't realize that the project was still alive, but being discussed on a
different list, until a few days ago).  Much has been changed from my
reference CSS, I'd need to look it over.  That'll be another thing on the
list for January.

For now, the best I can do is respond to the list and apologize if the

Aaron