From: "David F." <df7729@×××××.com>
To: eudev@l.g.o
Subject: [eudev] fd0 and sr0 in /proc/partitions ?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 19:18:01
1 Hi,
2
3 I was trying to find what populates /proc/partitions, and from what I
4 found, it said it was the kernel, but I don't think so, because using
5 the same kernel, one using older udev has no fd0 in /proc/partitions,
6 the newer one has fd0 in there; both have sr0 in there for some
7 reason. So is it udev that is doing that? If so, why or how does it
8 put that in there?
9
10 I also don't understand what the rules are all about, you set
11 environment variables, like this udisks2 rule with setting
12 ID_DRIVE_FLOPPY to 1, but that's the end of it as I see, so it's like
13 it does nothing? I don't get it?
14
15 So is there a way to setup a rule to prevent fd0 from going to
16 /proc/partitions or something like that?
17
18 TIA!!