From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: eudev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [eudev] Is it ready now?
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:53:37
1 Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > On 01/19/2013 11:30 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I just synced my tree and it appears udev wants to upgrade. I have a
6 >> separate /usr on lvm and really want to avoid udev that COULD break
7 >> things. I have a init thingy but not sure if it will pass the test or
8 >> not.
9 >>
10 >> Is eudev ready for people to switch to? I use KDE, latest in the tree.
11 >> Other than that, nothing special really. I'm amd64.
12 >>
13 >> Thoughts? Things I should look out for?
14 >>
15 >> Thanks.
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 >>
19 >> :-) :-)
20 >>
21 >
22 > eudev is ready. It has not been tested in every situation so there
23 > are unknown issues but this is true of systemd-udev also. I've been
24 > running eudev-1_beta1-r2 on a gnome desktop for a while with no
25 > issues. I'm running it on a few servers.
26 >
27
28 So it is as simple as unmerging udev and emerging eudev? Do I need to
29 reboot afterwards or is it sufficient to go to boot runlevel, kill
30 anything udev related and then go back to default runlevel? I have
31 done this in the past with udev so I know udev restarts when it switches
32 to default runlevel from boot runlevel.
33
34 Thanks much for the reply. Also, thanks for the work on eudev.
35
36 Dale
37
39
40 --
41 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!