From: "David F." <df7729@×××××.com>
To: eudev@l.g.o
Subject: [eudev] Fwd: udevd not loading modules?
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 04:18:12
1 I found that it wasn't built with zlib or xz support, the modules were
2 zlib (.gz) type. I guess the udevd using the klib module was also not
3 supporting .gz modules. However, now that I have it building items
4 to /sys/class/block, they are still not showing in /dev ?
5
6 Any idea on that one (DING - I manually did it, so maybe it has to do
7 with the temp file system that the script mounts if not mounted).
10 ---------- Forwarded message ---------
13 Hi,
14
15 I've tried building the sources as well as taking the versions from
16 the Devaun project, but can't get the update to udev on my small
17 busybox distro to load the modules? With the new version, If I
18 manually load modules, things show in /dev as they should.
19
20 The current version is older 175 version, newer one from Devaun is 220
21 (eudev). If I start with the older working version and change out
22 just the udevadm, everything still works (obviously I add the libudev
23 dependency) . If I start with the older working version and change
24 out just the udevd, it doesn't work (added libudev and libkmod
25 dependencies). The --debug output is about the same as the older
26 version ( new version has a couple issues with some rules like missing
27 group name), just after trigger no changes in new version, old version
28 tons of stuff.
29
30 If I just use everything pulled over from Devaun, (220 version), some
31 of the static items are created, but most items are not created.
32
33 Any idea how to find out what is going on? Why is it not
34 automatically loading the modules?
35
36 TIA!!