From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××.net>
To: eudev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [eudev] Fwd: udevd not loading modules?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 00:50:31
1 Can you open a bug on https://github.com/gentoo/eudev and give steps to
2 reproduce the error.
3
4 On 9/26/19 12:17 AM, David F. wrote:
5 > I found that it wasn't built with zlib or xz support, the modules were
6 > zlib (.gz) type. I guess the udevd using the klib module was also not
7 > supporting .gz modules. However, now that I have it building items
8 > to /sys/class/block, they are still not showing in /dev ?
9 >
10 > Any idea on that one (DING - I manually did it, so maybe it has to do
11 > with the temp file system that the script mounts if not mounted).
14 > ---------- Forwarded message ---------
17 > Hi,
18 >
19 > I've tried building the sources as well as taking the versions from
20 > the Devaun project, but can't get the update to udev on my small
21 > busybox distro to load the modules? With the new version, If I
22 > manually load modules, things show in /dev as they should.
23 >
24 > The current version is older 175 version, newer one from Devaun is 220
25 > (eudev). If I start with the older working version and change out
26 > just the udevadm, everything still works (obviously I add the libudev
27 > dependency) . If I start with the older working version and change
28 > out just the udevd, it doesn't work (added libudev and libkmod
29 > dependencies). The --debug output is about the same as the older
30 > version ( new version has a couple issues with some rules like missing
31 > group name), just after trigger no changes in new version, old version
32 > tons of stuff.
33 >
34 > If I just use everything pulled over from Devaun, (220 version), some
35 > of the static items are created, but most items are not created.
36 >
37 > Any idea how to find out what is going on? Why is it not
38 > automatically loading the modules?
39 >
40 > TIA!!
44 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
45 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
46 E-Mail : basile@××××××××××.net
47 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
48 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA