From: Kenny Hitt <kenny@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Re: problems with gentoo-dev-sources and speakup
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:28:36
I'm replying to my own message with a solution and a question.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 05:22:54AM -0500, kenny wrote:
> Hi. I can't seem to change the default key map for speakup in the > gentoo-dev-sources. With a standard source from, I can edit > and rebuild. When I try it with the gentoo-dev-sources > source, my changes are ignored. Any idea what might be happening and > what I can do to fix it? > I use a desktop, so I don't like the laptop key map at the bottom of the > file. I like for my caps-lock key to work instead of having to press > control-caps-lock to toggle it. >
I can fix the problem by editing and running the command ./genmap >/proc/speakup/keymap The genmap program is in the drivers/char/speakup directory. This can be run as a normal user, but it will have to be done every time you boot the system. Is this the kind of thing I should be filing bug reports about, or should it just be documented somewhere in a speakup Gentoo FAQ? Kenny -- gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list