From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessible install of gentoo
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:17:12
1 Agreed. Finding the boot prompt is dificult. I was told by the devs who
2 build the livecds that they can't get the boot prompt to beep. They have
3 tried, with little success.
4 On Tue, 10 May 2005, Tony Baechler wrote:
5
6 > Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:09:53 -0700
7 > From: Tony Baechler <tony@××××××××.net>
8 > Reply-To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
9 > To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
10 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessible install of gentoo
11 >
12 > Hi. I am also blind and installed Gentoo with no problem at all. I agree
13 > that you need Speakup which works best with a hardware synthesizer. The
14 > only problem I had was knowing when to type the special boot command. I
15 > could hear the computer boot with the liveCD but I didn't know when it was
16 > at the boot prompt. Also, I suggest the gentoo-nofb kernel instead. It
17 > seems to work better.
18 >
19 > gentoo-nofb speakup_synth=synthname
20 >
21 > Again, I agree that you should look at linux-speakup.org.
22 > Tony Baechler
23 > Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
24 > http://goldenaudio.net/
29 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
30 dmwaters@g.o
31 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
34 gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list