From: Zachary Kline <zkline@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Some Success
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:05:29
I am able to use SSH to connect to the Gentoo LiveCD, and install the
various packages: I.E, speechd-up, etc.
I've also gotten software speech to work before on another, running
Gentoo system, though didn't document the process carefully enough.
(I'm not sure what I did and in what order, nor am I exactly sure which
options I used did the trick.)
I recall from a search of the list archives that somebody came up with a
boot script for Flite?  Is there still such a thing floating around?  (I
notice that Flite is not a daemon, and thus figured that creating a
script for it might be a bit difficult.)
Also, the /dev/softsynth device is a puzzle to me.  Can I have UDEV
manage this automatically?  If so, how?  I want to be able to boot into
Linux and get software speech as soon as possible.