From: Zachary Kline <zkline@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Some Success
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:05:29
1 Hi,
2 I am able to use SSH to connect to the Gentoo LiveCD, and install the
3 various packages: I.E, speechd-up, etc.
4 I've also gotten software speech to work before on another, running
5 Gentoo system, though didn't document the process carefully enough.
6 (I'm not sure what I did and in what order, nor am I exactly sure which
7 options I used did the trick.)
8 I recall from a search of the list archives that somebody came up with a
9 boot script for Flite? Is there still such a thing floating around? (I
10 notice that Flite is not a daemon, and thus figured that creating a
11 script for it might be a bit difficult.)
12 Also, the /dev/softsynth device is a puzzle to me. Can I have UDEV
13 manage this automatically? If so, how? I want to be able to boot into
14 Linux and get software speech as soon as possible.
15 Thanks,
16 Zack.
19 gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list